Happy Birthday To Us!
Talespinners is two years old!
We weren’t sure this idea was going to work when we first kicked it off, but here we are!
Over the past couple of years it’s become very clear that much of our industry is moving towards small, agile creative teams that hire in talent when they need it; happily for us, that’s where we fit in!
Two Years In Numbers
We’ll have our usual catch up with all the major news since our last State of the Nation, but first we thought it was worthwhile gathering a few stats for our birthday. So, in just two years:
- 10 titles we’ve worked on have been released, across PC, mobile, and consoles (including the Nintendo Switch, much to our delight)
- We’ve completed work on a further 15 titles which are still to be released.
- We’ve written an initial pass on 8 titles, with more to be done in the near future.
- We’re working on 7 titles right now.
That’s 40 Talespinners projects in only two years, across 16 different countries. Not too shabby!
We’ve contributed to a plethora of different mediums, game genres and story types, including visual novels, FMV games, adventures, VR experiences, hidden object games, MMORPGs, vehicle sims, relationship sims, beat ‘em ups, co-op FPS, puzzle games, TV documentaries, sandbox games, RTS, animation, FP narratives, and a whole bunch of titles which defy classification.
Since our last State of the Nation, six months ago:
- Bae Team have launched Purrfect Date.
- Runner Duck have launched Bomber Crew and the first of its announced DLC: Secret Weapons.
- Bloody Zombies and The Bunker have both been released on Switch.
- We’ve announced that we’ve been working on:
- We’ve run two-day narrative workshops for a number of clients, including the team at UsTwo Games.
- We’ve kicked off our mentorship programme, with our first four mentees.
- We’ve completely rebuilt this website!
- Rachel has joined us to work on live events.
- Giles has written on Tropico 6, via our friends at International Hobo, which is due for release on multiple platforms later this year.
- We’ve edited My Child Lebensborn, which is due for release this time next week!
- And, as per usual, we’re working on multiple titles we’ve already announced and several that we can’t talk about.
We’d like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who’s helped our company become one of the games industry’s go-to specialists in story. We count ourselves as incredibly lucky to work with clients from all over the world, companies of all shapes and sizes, and to help them bring their games to life.
We’d like to give special thanks to our friends in the industry who regularly mention us on social media when they hear of developers seeking story specialists – you all know who you are, and it truly means a lot to us, every time.
As you can see, it’s been a very busy two years! And even with so many credits already under our belts, we’re just getting started, with several projects due to release in 2018, and many more beyond that.
Thanks for a great couple of years, everyone!